Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle
The Thinline Flexible Muzzle is a slow feeder horse muzzle that is unlike the typical heavy, hard, and "cage-like" apparatus. The muzzle is designed to be softer, lighter and less confining. Constructed of a pliable material that reduces the chances of the muzzle getting snagged, it is also soft on equine teeth and lips. The Muzzle is well-ventilated and safe, rated to break just before your leather turnout halter. The Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle is our best selling muzzle.
- 2.5 mm adjustable center hole
- Extremely light only 6 ounces
- UV protection for nose
- 6-month warranty
- Made in the USA
Sizing - Order by Halter Size
- S Fits Mini/ponies
- M Fits Cobs/Horses
- L Fits Warmbloods/Drafts
The Flexible Filly has been recently changed to feature a smaller hole size of 2.5 cm. This is considered a restricted size. You may enlarge the hole size to customize for your needs with the following recommendations:
- Full Time Grazing in Muzzle - Recommended hole size 3.5 to 4 cm: For full time grazing, it is recommended the hole be 3.5 to 4 cm wide. It is very important you increase the size of the standard hole if your horse will be wearing his muzzle the majority of the time as the 2.5 cm hole is too restrictive for horse to get minimum amount of food intake.
- Highly Restricted Grazing in Muzzle - Recommended for insulin resistant horses prone to laminitis: Horses with laminitis, insulin resistance or those on lush fields need careful management and a 3 cm or greater grazing hole is too large to effectively protect them, so the muzzle comes standard with a 2.5 cm size hole. Your horse should not wear the muzzle with this size hole 24/7. The horse should be brought into a stall or dry lot and fed some portion of his diet as hay that has been tested to be safe for your insulin resistant horse.
- Breakaway Halter Designed for Muzzle: We highly recommend you buy the specialized halter for this muzzle. The zip tie connections can rub some sensitive horses. The unique design of the halter has slots to attach the muzzle preventing rubs from the zip ties.
- Halter Liners: Add additional padding to the halter to prevent rubs.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Most of our items have a 60-day, no hassle return policy - provided the item is in new condition and has all packaging and tags.
Items meeting our return criteria are refunded within 5 to 10 days to the orginal payment method.
Free Exchanges on items over $100*
Get a FREE return shipping label. When you exchange or take store credit on regularly priced, sized items that are over $100, we will send you a FREE prepaid return label. To qualify for FREE return shipping:
- Item must be sized
- Item must be over $100
- Item must not be oversized or a custom item
- Item must be regularly priced and not a sale, closeout, manufacturer's closeout
- Item must be shipped to the US
- You must choose store credit or exchange as your refund method
- One free exchange per item
To get your FREE return shipping label, please create a return request from your customer account.
Note: For warranty returns, Adams follows the manufacturer's warranty policy. Only one warranty claim will be honored per purchase.
The video below is long but really helpful for fitting the muzzle!
This video is from Thinline and shows how muzzle fits to their halter.
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.
Other Popular Products
- Thinline Halter Liners$32.00