Myler Ported Barrel Eggbutt w/Hooks
The Myler Stainless Steel 3.5" Eggbutt Ported Barrel with Hooks and Copper Inlay bit has been designed for horses in advanced training with a solid disposition and self-control. Perfect for experienced, trustworthy trail horses or those riding in the level 2-3 curb and showing resistance.
- Mouthpiece: MB 33 (offers maximum tongue relief mildest bit with independent side movement)
- Ring type: 3.5" Eggbutt with hooks
- Metal type: Stainless steel with copper inlay
- Level 3
- Not Dressage Legal
Level 3 bits are wide ported Curb bits designed to provide little to no tongue pressure. Instead, the level 3 uses more bar, poll and curb pressure with a curve to the mouthpiece that allows more room for the tongue to prevent resistance.
Resistance is the horse's way of communicating discomfort. A horse may demonstrate resistance through one or more behaviors that are consistently repeated in relation to the bit. Recognizing the signs of resistance is critical to knowing when there is a problem. Some of these signs include:
- Going behind or above the bit
- Chewing, overactive mouth, tongue out of the mouth
- Running through the bit, pulling or not stoppingt
- Putting the tongue over the bit
- Sucking the tongue into the back of the throat
Myler bits have many unique features which allow your horse to work without resistance:
- Independent side movement: Many Myler bits have a barrel in the center of the mouthpiece that acts as a bushing, allowing each side of the bit to move independently of the other.
- Curved Mouthpiece: Myler mouthpieces have a distinctive curve. The curve creates more room for the tongue to pass under the bit so the horse can swallow more freely as opposed to a bit that goes straight across the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: In English bits, mouthpieces measure 14mm at the cheek and taper to 11.11mm inside the mouth. This provides a slightly larger surface area on the bars and lips, but still provides ample room for the tongue inside the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Metals: All Myler mouthpieces with English style cheek pieces are made of stainless steel with copper inlay (with the exception of the loose ring which offers mouthpieces in both stainless steel and sweet iron).
- Hooks: Myler Snaffle cheeks have been modified with a unique feature called "hooks". The hooks are actually slots (on English Dee and Eggbutt styles) that keep the bridle fixed in place and create two rein positions. If the rider attaches the reins directly to the ring instead of the rein hook, it creates the standard direct rein action. If the rider attaches the reins to the rein hook or ring, the rider can use the rein to lift the cheek and use the independent side movement feature of the mouthpiece. The ratio of the shank to the purchase remains 1:1 so there is little to no increase in leverage or force applied to the mouth. The English dee and eggbutt additionally offer a hole on top of each cheek that allows the rider to attach a curb chain using quick links.
Please Note: If you compete, check with your sport's governing body to confirm which bits are legal for your particular event.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|