Rambo Optimo Turnout Sheet (No Hood)
The secret to the Optimo? Many fitting problems could be eliminated by having two different garments combined as one. The Rambo Optimo does just that. The Rambo Split originates at a crucial point of the horse's anatomy, the 6th vertebrae at the base of the neck. This allows the front and back of the blanket to move independently. The front of the blanket is free to pivot, extend, turn and float with the shoulder while the back of the blanket sits firmly in place.
Features of the Rambo Optimo Lightweight Turnout include:
- 100% Waterproof and breathable
- 0g fiber fill
- Articulated Pivotal Dart System for the ultimate freedom of movement
- 1000D Ballistic nylon outer shell
- Antibacterial/antistatic polyester lining
- Chest trigger clips fixed on an inward angle
- PVC coated elasticized tail cord replaces the usual fillet strap, making it easier to clean
- Removable surcingle straps make it easy to detach, clean, or replace and breaks away in emergencies
- Wicking nature of the lining will conduct moisture away from the horse's body where it will then be absorbed by Horseware's unique AquaTrans coating
- Patented V-front closure system gives more freedom of movement
- Surefit neck design
- Patented leg arches which allow the rug to be wrapped deeper around the belly without causing restriction
- 3 surcingles
- Large tail flap
- Rings at the neck for attachment of optional Optimo Neck covers (sold separately)
- Compatible with the Rambo Optimo liner system (100g, 200g, 300g and 400g liners are available separately)
- Lifetime guarantee on stainless steel hardware
- Reflective strips for easy locating
- Please note that Optimo Turnouts do run larger than other Rambo turnouts
- 3-year waterproofing guarantee (you must register your blanket)
- Includes a Bag-for-Life storage bag
Please note this is only the waterproof shell. Neck cover and liners are sold separately.
Includes a "Bag for Life"
- Welded construction ensures "Bag for Life" will stand up to the elements
- Use for storing your blanket in the off season or as a gear bag
- Stash pocket on side
- Roll top closure for fast access
- Adjustable shoulder straps
|Blanket Style||Regular Neck|
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Most of our items have a 60-day, no hassle return policy - provided the item is in new condition and has all packaging and tags.
Items meeting our return criteria are refunded within 5 to 10 days to the orginal payment method.
Free Exchanges on items over $100*
Get a FREE return shipping label. When you exchange or take store credit on regularly priced, sized items that are over $100, we will send you a FREE prepaid return label. To qualify for FREE return shipping:
- Item must be sized
- Item must be over $100
- Item must not be oversized or a custom item
- Item must be regularly priced and not a sale, closeout, manufacturer's closeout
- Item must be shipped to the US
- You must choose store credit or exchange as your refund method
Note: For warranty returns, Adams follows the manufacturer's warranty policy. Only one warranty claim will be honored per purchase.
Follow these easy steps to safely clean, waterproof and store your blankets for next year.
Step 1: If your blanket is caked with mud or really dirty, gently hose blanket off before washing.
Step 2: If your blanket has a lot of horse hair stuck in lining, you may want to vacuum as much hair as possible out (this is why we prefer smooth nylon lined blankets!)
Step 3: Wash in a FRONT Loader washing machine (do NOT use an agitator style washing machine - the agitator damages the fabric and can permanently ruin the fiber fill insulation).
- Use cold water
- Use the bulky item cycle if your machine has it
- Use the low spin speed cycle
- Use a detergent specially made to maintain waterproofing - we use and recommend Rambo Blanket Wash
Step 4: Hang your blankets on a fence to dry (do NOT put in dryer as it will ruin waterproofing and can damage the fabric).
Check for waterproofness and re-waterproof if necessary
Step 5. Once your blankets are clean and dry, now is a good time to see if they are still waterproof. Take a cup of water, and pour over blanket. Water should bead up and roll off, if not, it is time to re-waterproof.
Failed Waterproofing Test
Passed Waterproofing Test
Step 6 (Optional): Re-waterproof your turnouts. Trust us, do it now, so when it is 35 degrees and pouring next Fall and you need your blanket waterproof, you will be glad you didn't procrastinate! We like Dry Guys Waterproofing Spray (also comes in a concentrate). Spray your blanket evenly with the Dry Guys. Let it dry and do a second coat. One regular bottle does 2 blankets well.
Step 8. Store safely for next year. If you have the original blanket bag, you can use it or we also like using the Space Bags. If using a Space Bag, you may want to put the content details on an paper insert (easier to read then writing on bag). Be sure to store in a rodent free area - it would be a big bummer to find a hole chewed in your carefully cleaned and stored blanket!
Trust us, next winter pulling your fresh, clean, waterproof blanket out of its storage bag will be ALMOST as rewarding as buying a new one!
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.
You may also be interested in
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus Light V-Front Turnout- Exclusive Color$240.00 $169.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus Medium V-Front-Exclusive Color$260.00 $189.99
- Rambo Wug Turnout - Medium Weight - Closeout$349.95 $279.99
- Rambo Original Neck Cover -150 gram - Closeout$99.95 $78.99
- Rambo Grand Prix Dustbuster$124.95 $84.99
- Amigo Bug Buster Vamoose Fly Sheet$179.95 - $189.95
- Rambo Supreme Turnout - Light Weight-Closeout$379.95 $303.96
- Rambo Fashion Cooler$99.95 $79.96
- Rambo Optimo Supreme Summer Sheet$179.95 $148.71
- Rambo Original (No Fill) Neck Cover - Closeout$88.99 $70.99