Rambo Original Turnout - Heavy Weight - Closeout
- 1000D Ballistic Nylon Shell is waterproof and breathable
- Smooth polyester lining
- 400g of Thermobonded fiberfill
- Low cross surcingles
- Twin front surcingles with T-Lock style closure
- Tail cord
- Anti-bacterial lining helps to eliminate the conditions that cause bacteria growth
- Wicking lining will conduct moisture away from the horse's body where it will then be transferred out by Horseware's unique AquaTrans coating
- Classic Horseware Green with Red trim
We are sorry but all sales on this item are final. Items that are non-returnable include:
- Undergarments for health reasons
- Face masks for health reasons
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Custom items
- Flash sale items
Thanks for your understanding!
|Blanket Style||Regular Neck|
|Sale Type||Manufacturer Closeout|
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.
Follow these easy steps to safely clean, waterproof and store your blankets for next year.
Step 1: If your blanket is caked with mud or really dirty, gently hose blanket off before washing.
Step 2: If your blanket has a lot of horse hair stuck in lining, you may want to vacuum as much hair as possible out (this is why we prefer smooth nylon lined blankets!)
Step 3: Wash in a FRONT Loader washing machine (do NOT use an agitator style washing machine - the agitator damages the fabric and can permanently ruin the fiber fill insulation).
- Use cold water
- Use the bulky item cycle if your machine has it
- Use the low spin speed cycle
- Use a detergent specially made to maintain waterproofing - we use and recommend Rambo Blanket Wash
Step 4: Hang your blankets on a fence to dry (do NOT put in dryer as it will ruin waterproofing and can damage the fabric).
Check for waterproofness and re-waterproof if necessary
Step 5. Once your blankets are clean and dry, now is a good time to see if they are still waterproof. Take a cup of water, and pour over blanket. Water should bead up and roll off, if not, it is time to re-waterproof.
Failed Waterproofing Test
Passed Waterproofing Test
Step 6 (Optional): Re-waterproof your turnouts. Trust us, do it now, so when it is 35 degrees and pouring next Fall and you need your blanket waterproof, you will be glad you didn't procrastinate! We like Dry Guys Waterproofing Spray (also comes in a concentrate). Spray your blanket evenly with the Dry Guys. Let it dry and do a second coat. One regular bottle does 2 blankets well.
Step 8. Store safely for next year. If you have the original blanket bag, you can use it or we also like using the Space Bags. If using a Space Bag, you may want to put the content details on an paper insert (easier to read then writing on bag). Be sure to store in a rodent free area - it would be a big bummer to find a hole chewed in your carefully cleaned and stored blanket!
Trust us, next winter pulling your fresh, clean, waterproof blanket out of its storage bag will be ALMOST as rewarding as buying a new one!
You may also be interested in
- Rambo Fashion Cooler$99.95 $79.96
- Rambo Softie Fleece$139.95 $119.99
- Rambo Original Turnout w/ Leg Arches -Heavy Weight-Closeout$334.95 $279.99
- Rambo Pony Vamoose Hoody Fly Sheet$187.95 $158.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus Light V-Front Turnout- Exclusive Color$240.00 $175.99
- Amigo Evolution Fly Sheet$149.95 $127.46
- Rambo Supreme Heavy Weight Turnout-Closeout$444.95 $359.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Medium Weight Wug-Exclusive Color$210.00 $139.99
- Rambo Grand Prix Dustbuster$104.95 $84.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Wug Light Turnout - Exclusive Color$190.00 $134.99