Rambo Supreme 1680D Turnout-Light Weight
The Rambo Supreme Light Weight Turnout has been updated for 2021 to a 1680D ballistic nylon outer shell (formally was 1000D). The new fabric is 120% stronger than the original. The Rambo Supreme is still the ultimate versatile turnout sheet for extreme weather. The Supreme is fully waterproof with a removable neck cover included so you can fully wrap your horse from head to tail to keep him warm and dry.
- 1680D Ballistic Nylon is 120% stronger than 1000D Ballistic Nylon
- Fully waterproof and breathable
- Coat smoothing/anti-static/anti-bacterial nylon lining
- 0g of insulation, just a lightweight sheet
- Patented V-Front Closure
- Removable Neck rug included
- PVC coated tail cord
- Tail flap
- Three removable low cross surcingles that have breakaway velcro and plastic tab that break in an emergency giving extra safety to your horse
- Patented leg arches - allow the blanket to be wrapped around the horse without restricting the shoulders, eliminating the need for bulky shoulder darts
- Two square rings at the neck and two d-rings at the back allow for the attachment of optional Horseware Liners (liners may be purchased separately)
- Reflective strips
- Includes a Bag-For-Life storage bag
- 3-year waterproofing guarantee when you register your blanket with Horseware and care for it properly
- Compatible with Horseware liner system (liners sold separately
Horseware Liner System: Optional liners come in 100g, 200g, 300g, and 400g weights and attach securely to the turnout instantly creating a heavier blanket. Liners don't have any additional straps or hardware so they are easy to wash and don't add much weight or bulk to your blanket. Also available are an airmax cooler liner and a fleece liner.
|Blanket Style||Removable Neck Cover|
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Follow these easy steps to safely clean, waterproof and store your blankets for next year.
Step 1: If your blanket is caked with mud or really dirty, gently hose blanket off before washing.
Step 2: If your blanket has a lot of horse hair stuck in lining, you may want to vacuum as much hair as possible out (this is why we prefer smooth nylon lined blankets!)
Step 3: Wash in a FRONT Loader washing machine (do NOT use an agitator style washing machine - the agitator damages the fabric and can permanently ruin the fiber fill insulation).
- Use cold water
- Use the bulky item cycle if your machine has it
- Use the low spin speed cycle
- Use a detergent specially made to maintain waterproofing - we use and recommend Rambo Blanket Wash
Step 4: Hang your blankets on a fence to dry (do NOT put in dryer as it will ruin waterproofing and can damage the fabric).
Check for waterproofness and re-waterproof if necessary
Step 5. Once your blankets are clean and dry, now is a good time to see if they are still waterproof. Take a cup of water, and pour over blanket. Water should bead up and roll off, if not, it is time to re-waterproof.
Failed Waterproofing Test
Passed Waterproofing Test
Step 6 (Optional): Re-waterproof your turnouts. Trust us, do it now, so when it is 35 degrees and pouring next Fall and you need your blanket waterproof, you will be glad you didn't procrastinate! We like Dry Guys Waterproofing Spray (also comes in a concentrate). Spray your blanket evenly with the Dry Guys. Let it dry and do a second coat. One regular bottle does 2 blankets well.
Step 8. Store safely for next year. If you have the original blanket bag, you can use it or we also like using the Space Bags. If using a Space Bag, you may want to put the content details on an paper insert (easier to read then writing on bag). Be sure to store in a rodent free area - it would be a big bummer to find a hole chewed in your carefully cleaned and stored blanket!
Trust us, next winter pulling your fresh, clean, waterproof blanket out of its storage bag will be ALMOST as rewarding as buying a new one!
Other Popular Products
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus Medium V-Front-Exclusive Color$260.00 $189.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Wug 100 Gram - Exclusive Color$190.00 $145.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Medium Weight Wug-Exclusive Color$210.00 $145.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Wug Light Turnout - Exclusive Color$190.00 $129.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus 100 Gram Exclusive Color$270.00 $189.99
- Amigo Bravo 12 Plus Light V-Front Turnout- Exclusive Color$240.00 $184.99