Herm Sprenger Turnado Loose Ring Snaffle
The Herm Sprenger Turnado Loose Ring Single Jointed Snaffle Bit is a traditional single jointed snaffle with a unique design that allows it to be more comfortable for the horse than ordinary snaffles. It was discovered that the cavity of the horse's mouth where the bit sits is smaller than originally assumed, therefore the Turnado bit is designed with the center joint turned by 45 degrees to adapt to the anatomy of the horses mouth, thus ensuring that when the reins are pulled, the link rests fully on the tongue without squeezing it or applying pressure on the palate. This maximizes the tongue's sense of touch as clear instructions are given through the reins.
Herm Sprenger from Germany is renowned for its outstanding quality and technologically advanced designs. The Sprenger seal of quality has guaranteed safety and precise workmanship for over 135 years.
The Sensogan metal is an improvement on Sprenger's patented aurigan metal. Sensogan has a reduced copper content as well as added manganese which helps to regulate the oxidation of the bit metal making the taste even more pleasant for the horse. The reduction of copper discharge into the horse's saliva also helps to keep the white gold color of the sensogan bit brilliant for a longer time.
- Sensogan has improved the properties of aurigan by regulating the oxidative process
- The bits taste good to the horse and encourage salivation and bit acceptance
- White gold color has an elegant look
- Sensogan does not tarnish easily
The Herm Sprenger Turnado Loose Ring Snaffle Bitlies perfectly in the horses's mouth because the mouthpiece is angled forward by 45 degrees. In contrast to other loose ring snaffles the aids given with the reins on this bit reach the horse's mouth more precisely but remain soft. This bit is more readily accepted and also helps to prevent tongue vices such as putting the tongue over the bit.
- Metal: Sensogan with stainless steel rings
- Thickness: 16 mm or 18 mm
- Ring size: 70 mm (2.75590")
- To make sure the bit is fitted correctly in the horses mouth, the arrow on one butt end must always be on the left hand side pointing forward.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Most of our items have a 60-day, no hassle return policy - provided the item is in new condition and has all packaging and tags.
Items meeting our return criteria are refunded within 5 to 10 days to the orginal payment method.
Free Exchanges on items over $100*
Get a FREE return shipping label. When you exchange or take store credit on regularly priced, sized items that are over $100, we will send you a FREE prepaid return label. To qualify for FREE return shipping:
- Item must be sized
- Item must be over $100
- Item must not be oversized or a custom item
- Item must be regularly priced and not a sale, closeout, manufacturer's closeout
- Item must be shipped to the US
- You must choose store credit or exchange as your refund method
Note: For warranty returns, Adams follows the manufacturer's warranty policy. Only one warranty claim will be honored per purchase.
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.