Myler 3 Ring Combination Mullen Low Port Snaffle
You Save 20% ($43.99)
The Myler Three Ring Combination Mullen Barrel Low Port Snaffle Sweet Iron bit with Copper Inlay combines the features of two bits with a hackamore to create an innovative and sophisticated tool for training or everyday riding. By combining a ring bit, shank bit and hackamore, the combination bit synchronizes the pressure applied to the nose, chin, poll and mouth to increase the responsiveness of the horse. The horse has three opportunities to respond to the rider's rein pressure before the mouthpiece is engaged. If the horse respects the chin, nose and poll pressure, he can stay on the bit without any tongue pressure.
- Mouthpiece: MB06 (mullen mouth with small 1/4" port allows for more tongue relief
- Ring type: 6" Three Ring Shank
- Metal type: Sweet Iron with copper inlay
- Level: 2-3
The Myler Combination Bits are unique bits that work by increasing pressure on different parts of the head, starting with gentle pressure on the nose and ending, if necessary, with pressure in the mouth.
How it works:
- The noseband and chin strap are connected through the uniquely designed purchase
- Multiple rein positions: the big ring allows direct rein action, the second ring is for a fixed rein with a mild degree of leverage, and the third ring allows for a moderate degree of leverage
- When pressure is applied, the nose and chin straps tighten and gentle poll pressure is applied
- The mouthpiece has a 1" slide which works as a loose mouthpiece or warning, not a gag action
- The stop engages the mouthpiece when the other pressures have not produced the desired reaction
- The support string keeps the noseband level across the nose, even if the chin strap is loosened
Level 2 bits provide tongue relief with a small port or flexible mouthpiece which rotates on the tongue to apply some pressure and collapses to form a U instead of a V, protecting the lips and bars from being pinched. The bit also curves to allow more room for the tongue which can help to prevent resistance.
Myler bits have many unique features which allow your horse to work without resistance:
- Independent side movement: Many Myler bits have a barrel in the center of the mouthpiece that acts as a bushing, allowing each side of the bit to move independently of the other.
- Curved Mouthpiece: The curve creates more room for the tongue to pass under the bit so the horse can swallow more freely as opposed to a bit that goes straight across the mouth.
- Moutpiece Thickness: Most Myler mouthpieces are 7/16" thick (11.11mm), a thickness that allows the bit to fit comfortably in the horse's mouth. In English bits, mouthpieces measure 14mm at the cheek and taper to 11.11mm inside the mouth. This provides a slightly larger surface area on the bars and lips, but still provides ample room for the tongue inside the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Metals: Sweet Iron oxidizes when exposed to moisture, releasing a sweet taste. The sweet iron mouthpiece will turn grey after a few uses.
- Independent Swivel cheek: Myler shanks are independent of the mouthpiece and the independent swivel cheek means that the purchase is also independent of the shank when the rider engages one rein, the shank moves but the purchase has a slight swivel to is so it can give a little against the horse's face as the bit moves below it. The independent swivel cheek is offered on combination bits.
Most of our items have a 60-day, no hassle return policy - provided the item is in new condition and has all packaging and tags.
Items meeting our return criteria are refunded within 5 to 10 days to the orginal payment method.
Free Exchanges on items over $100*
Get a FREE return shipping label. When you exchange or take store credit on regularly priced, sized items that are over $100, we will send you a FREE prepaid return label. To qualify for FREE return shipping:
- Item must be sized
- Item must be over $100
- Item must not be oversized or a custom item
- Item must be regularly priced and not a sale, closeout, manufacturer's closeout
- Item must be shipped to the US
- You must choose store credit or exchange as your refund method
- One free exchange per item
Note: For warranty returns, Adams follows the manufacturer's warranty policy. Only one warranty claim will be honored per purchase.
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.