Myler Dee Snaffle with Copper Inlay Mouth
The Myler Stainless Steel Dee Ring Snaffle bit with Copper Inlay has been designed for horses who are young, green or just beginning training or who have a challenging disposition. The Myler Dee Ring Comfort Snaffle bit has the following features:
- Mouthpiece: MB 09 (traditional single joint, but curved for comfort)
- Ring type: D ring without hooks
- Metal type: Stainless Steel with copper inlay
- Level: 1
- This bit is USDF and FEI Dressage Legal
Level 1 bits rotate on the tongue to apply tongue pressure and collapse to form a U instead of a V which protects the lips and bars from pinching. The mouthpiece is curved to allow more room for the tongue which can limit some resistance.
Resistance is the horse's way of communicating discomfort. A horse may demonstrate resistance through one or more behaviors that are consistently repeated in relation to the bit. Recognizing the signs of resistance is critical to knowing when there is a problem. Some of these signs include:
- Going behind the bit
- Going above the bit
- Chewing, overactive mouth, tongue out of the mouth
- Running through the bit, pulling or not stopping
- Heavy on the forehand, leaning on the bit
- Putting the tongue over the bit
- Sucking the tongue into the back of the throat
Myler bits have many unique features which allow your horse to work without resistance:
- Independent side movement: Many Myler bits have a barrel in the center of the mouthpiece that acts as a bushing, allowing each side of the bit to move independently of the other.
- Curved Mouthpiece: Myler mouthpieces have a distinctive curve. The curve creates more room for the tongue to pass under the bit so the horse can swallow more freely as opposed to a bit that goes straight across the mouth. Mouthpiece Thickness: Most Myler mouthpieces are 7/16" thick (11.11mm), a thickness that allows the bit to fit comfortably in the horse's mouth. In English bits, mouthpieces measure 14mm at the cheek and taper to 11.11mm inside the mouth. This provides a slightly larger surface area on the bars and lips, but still provides ample room for the tongue inside the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Metals: All Myler mouthpieces with English style cheek pieces are made of stainless steel with copper inlay (with the exception of the loose ring which offers mouthpieces in both stainless steel and sweet iron).
Please Note: If you compete, check with your sport's governing body to confirm which bits are legal for your particular event.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|