Myler Flat Shank Comfort Snaffle w/ Copper Roller
The Myler Flat Shak with Sweet Iron Comfort Snaffle with Copper Roller bit has the following features:
- Mouthpiece: MB 03 (copper roller, alternative to the three piece mouthpiece)
- Cheek Piece: Flat Shank
- Metal type: Stainless Steel with copper inlay and copper roller
- Level: 1
- Not Dressage Legal
Level 1 bits rotate on the tongue to apply tongue pressure and collapse to form a U instead of a V which protects the lips and bars from pinching. The mouthpiece is curved to allow more room for the tongue which can limit some resistance.
Resistance is the horse's way of communicating discomfort. A horse may demonstrate resistance through one or more behaviors that are consistently repeated in relation to the bit. Recognizing the signs of resistance is critical to knowing when there is a problem. Some of these signs include:
- Going behind the bit
- Going above the bit
- Chewing, overactive mouth, tongue out of the mouth
- Running through the bit, pulling or not stopping
- Heavy on the forehand, leaning on the bit
- Putting the tongue over the bit
- Sucking the tongue into the back of the throat
Myler bits have many unique features which allow your horse to work without resistance:
- Independent side movement: Many Myler bits have a barrel in the center of the mouthpiece that acts as a bushing, allowing each side of the bit to move independently of the other. When the rider engages one fixed rein using a Myler bit with Independent Side Movement, the rider lifts only one side of the bit, giving a very clear, precise signal to the horse.
- Curved Mouthpiece: Myler mouthpieces have a distinctive curve. The curve creates more room for the tongue to pass under the bit so the horse can swallow more freely as opposed to a bit that goes straight across the mouth.
- Moutpiece Thickness: Most Myler mouthpieces are 7/16" thick (11.11mm), a thickness that allows the bit to fit comfortably in the horse's mouth. In English bits, mouthpieces measure 14mm at the cheek and taper to 11.11mm inside the mouth. This provides a slightly larger surface area on the bars and lips, but still provides ample room for the tongue inside the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Metals: All Myler mouthpieces with English style cheek pieces are made of stainless steel with copper inlay (with the exception of the loose ring which offers mouthpieces in both stainless steel and sweet iron). Myler Western bits, combination bits and cradle bits are made of sweet iron with copper inlay. Sweet Iron oxidizes when exposed to moisture, releasing sweet taste. The sweet iron mouthpiece will turn grey after a few uses.
- Independent Swivel cheek: The independent swivel cheek is a patented Myler feature offered on a limited number of cheekpieces. Myler shanks are independent of the mouthpiece and the independent swivel cheek means that the purchase is also independent of the shank when the rider engages one rein, the shank moves but the purchase has a slight swivel to is so it can give a little against the horse's face as the bit moves below it. The independent swivel cheek is offered on combination bits, the parelli shank bits the HBT and the flat shank.
Please Note: If you compete, check with your sport's governing body to confirm which bits are legal for your particular event.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.