Myler Flat Shank Forward Tilt Ported Barrel
Myler Sweet Iron Western Flat Shank with Forward Tilt Ported Barrel and Copper Inlayis a Level 2-3 Stainless Steel Bit these bits offer some tongue relief some tongue pressure more bar pressure and may be some palate pressure.
Level 2-3 Bits are for:
- Horses at Level 2 with a good mindset that can benefit from more tongue relief
- Horses at Level 3 with advanced skills but require more control.
- Curved mouthpiecepermits the horse to swallow more easily, encouraging relaxation. Many traditional bits lie flat on the horse's tongue, restricting swallowing, often leading to resistance. With curved mouthpieces, Myler Bits distribute pressure more evenly across the tongue.
- Mouthpiece metalis sweet iron metal with small strips of copper inlay which encourages salivation. Sweet iron metal is a strong metal with a sweet taste as it slowly oxidizes encourages horse to salivate, creating a softer mouth. The mouthpiece will change color as it oxidizes.
- Independent side movementwithin the mouthpiece allows a rider to isolate one side of the bit. A rider can choose to affect only one side, assisting in lifting a shoulder or for balancing, bending and collection. A traditional bit does not offer this movement.
- Standard mouthpiece:7/16" thick
- Shank size:7"
- Mouth size:5" only
The Myler Bitting System (designed around Levels 1, 2, 2-3 and 3) is based on the concept of tongue relief. The most common traditional bit, the jointed mouthpiece, applies constant pressure by collapsing on the tongue and inhibiting the horse's ability to swallow. If the horse can't swallow properly, he can't move forward relaxed. The unique designs of Myler Bits offer varying degrees of tongue relief for the horse depending on level of training and disposition.
Take into account your discipline and go with the level that fits. Though some categories overlap, training and skill levels correlate to the three levels of Myler Bits, all of them suitable for both Western and English riding. Please Note: If you compete, check with your sport's governing body to confirm which bits are legal for your particular event.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.