Myler Western Low Port Comfort Dee w/Hooks
The Myler Stainless Steel 3" Western Dee Ring Sweet Iron Low Port Comfort Snaffle with Hooks and Copper Inlay has been designed for the young, green horse with a steady disposition or the older horse beginning training or switching disciplines. It is also helpful for horses working in a level one mouthpiece who are showing resistance.
- Mouthpiece: MB04 (small 1/4" port allows for more tongue relief)
- Ring type: Western 3" D Ring with Hooks
- Metal type: Sweet Iron with Copper Inlay
- Level: 2
Level 2 bits provide tongue relief with a small port or flexible mouthpiece which rotates on the tongue to apply some pressure and collapses to form a U instead of a V, protecting the lips and bars from being pinched. The bit also curves to allow more room for the tongue which can help to prevent resistance.
Resistance is the horse's way of communicating discomfort. A horse may demonstrate resistance through one or more behaviors that are consistently repeated in relation to the bit. Recognizing the signs of resistance is critical to knowing when there is a problem. Some of these signs include:
- Going behind or above the bit
- Chewing, overactive mouth, tongue out of the mouth
- Running through the bit, pulling or not stopping
- Putting the tongue over the bit
- Sucking the tongue into the back of the throat
Myler bits have many unique features which allow your horse to work without resistance:
- Independent side movement: Many Myler bits have a barrel in the center of the mouthpiece that acts as a bushing, allowing each side of the bit to move independently of the other.
- Curved Mouthpiece: Myler mouthpieces have a distinctive curve. The curve creates more room for the tongue to pass under the bit so the horse can swallow more freely as opposed to a bit that goes straight across the mouth.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: Most Myler mouthpieces are 7/16" thick (11.11mm), a thickness that allows the bit to fit comfortably in the horse's mouth.
- Mouthpiece Metals: Myler Western bits, combination bits and cradle bits are made of sweet iron with copper inlay. Sweet Iron oxidizes when exposed to moisture, releasing sweet taste. The sweet iron mouthpiece will turn grey after a few uses.
- Hooks: Myler Snaffle cheeks have been modified with a unique feature called "hooks". The hooks are actually slots (on English Dee and Eggbutt styles) or rings (on western and combination bits) that keep the bridle fixed in place and create two rein positions. If the rider attaches the reins directly to the ring instead of the rein hook, it creates the standard direct rein action. If the rider attaches the reins to the rein hook or ring, the rider can use the rein to lift the cheek and use the independent side movement feature of the mouthpiece. The ratio of the shank to the purchase remains 1:1 so there is little to no increase in leverage or force applied to the mouth. The English dee and eggbutt additionally offer a hole on top of each cheek that allows the rider to attach a curb chain using quick links.
Please Note: If you compete, check with your sport's governing body to confirm which bits are legal for your particular event.
|Sale Type||Regular Price Items|
Most of our items have a 60-day, no hassle return policy - provided the item is in new condition and has all packaging and tags.
Items meeting our return criteria are refunded within 5 to 10 days to the orginal payment method.
Free Exchanges on items over $100*
Get a FREE return shipping label. When you exchange or take store credit on regularly priced, sized items that are over $100, we will send you a FREE prepaid return label. To qualify for FREE return shipping:
- Item must be sized
- Item must be over $100
- Item must not be oversized or a custom item
- Item must be regularly priced and not a sale, closeout, manufacturer's closeout
- Item must be shipped to the US
- You must choose store credit or exchange as your refund method
- One free exchange per item
Note: For warranty returns, Adams follows the manufacturer's warranty policy. Only one warranty claim will be honored per purchase.
Free Shipping Policy:
Orders of 100 or more
Most orders over $100 ship FREE to Continental US when you ship to a physical address (no PO boxes). When you choose free shipping, we usually ship via FedEx Ground or USPS Priority Mail. Exclusions to our free shipping policy include:
- Oversize items
- Manufacturer's closeouts
- Flash sale items
- Tent Sale Items
- Heavy items
- Shipments of larger items to PO boxes
Orders under $100 and Oversized Items
After entering your shipping address, the website will give you a shipping cost for various shipping methods. You can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Items stocked in our warehouse in Maine usually ship within 1-business day. These items will be indicated by an "In Stock" designation after you select your item. Items stocked at manufactuer's warehouses (designated by a stock status of "Ships in x-y days), may have a delay in shipping as we have to add their processing times to the shipping estimate. Once shipped, items are delivered in 1 to 5 days:
- New England customers typically receive their orders in 1-2 days
- West Coast customers typically receive their items in 4 to 5 business days.
- Mid-atlantic typically receive their orders in 2 to 3 days.
You can open a help desk ticket or call our toll free number - 877-322-7387 if you are on a tight schedule for your item to ensure it will be delivered in time.